Dental implants are becoming more and more popular, but many people still are unsure if dental implants are the right choice for teeth replacement. The process is intimidating and how do you decide if it’s right for you?
What is A Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a small titanium screw that is embedded into the gums through surgery. The screw serves as the replacement for the tooth root, the part of the tooth that is anchored into the gums. Dental implants only can be used for missing teeth, so if your tooth is still intact, you will need to get it extracted before you can replace it with a dental implant.
After the implant is embedded into the gums, the end of the screw is exposed through the gums and a crown will be affixed to serve as the false tooth. The implant is designed to resemble the anatomy of a real tooth with the root attached to the bone and gums.
For those who have multiple missing teeth, the option of getting All-on-4™ is available. All-on-4™ treatment is a surgical procedure that provides a permanent, screw-retained, same-day replacement for the entire upper and lower set of teeth with a bridge or denture.
Eon Clinics has made my dream of a GREAT SMILE come true.
“Eon Clinic has made my dream of a GREAT SMILE come true. The Surgeons, Doctors and Staff are kind and considerate PROFESSIONALS, who KNOW what they are doing. THANK YOU. THANK YOU for my SMILE”.
Top 5 Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants offer a number of benefits to the patient, including the following:
- Stability: Implants are fixed, they don’t lose shape or loosen over time like regular dentures. The quality of the crown used for implantation is also very good.
- Durability: Dental implants are made of titanium which is the strongest metal on the planet. The crown attached to the implant is made of high-quality porcelain that has the same breaking limit as the human bone.
- Aesthetics: Dental implants are very natural-looking and almost unrecognizable compared with natural teeth.
- Biological compatibility: Titanium is accepted by the human body as its own and is absorbed by the bone through the process of osseointegration. This further strengthens the bond of the implant with the gums.
- Low maintenance: Dental implants can be cleaned just like normal teeth,Regular dental cleaning and proper oral hygiene can prevent infections.
Choosing to get dental implants depends on how much you value it. If you think that other tooth replacement options offer the same benefits given your dental condition, talk to one of our dentists so that you can make a well-informed decision.
Meet Leanne: She was a sufferer of frustrating dentures.
The Night and Day Difference between Dentures and All-on-4™.She was a denture wearer for a number of years but due to a few frustrating issues she’s had with them she decided to go to Eon Clinics and get dental implants.Click here to hear Leannes testimony.