What are Dental Implants – These implants are artificial tooth roots that are permanently anchored to the jaw bone. They are the ideal replacement solution for missing or failing teeth due to their strength, longevity, and completely natural appearance and feel. Dental implants provide a strong base for replacement teeth, which means there is no movement or slippage like that experienced by denture wearers. They are truly the best solution to achieve a comfortable, natural smile.
Structure of the Dental Implant
- The implant: An implant is a screw-like post that creates a stable base for your new tooth. The implant is permanently attached to the jaw bone.
- The abutment: The abutment will not be visible in your mouth, but functions as a connector piece that secures your new tooth to the titanium implant.
- The crown: This is the new replacement tooth that is visible when you smile. Our dental implant specialists and lab technicians use expert craftsmanship to mill these out of porcelain or zirconia. Your crown will be custom-made to seamlessly match your natural teeth in color, size, and shape.
EON Clinics doctors use the very best implants made of medical-grade titanium. This durable metal integrates with your existing jaw bone (a process known as osseointegration) to allow the implant to last a lifetime! Dental implants treatment allows our patients the freedom to eat whatever they would like, the reliability of a permanent solution, and the dignity to smile with ease and confidence.
Types of Dental Implant Procedures
EON Clinics is a leader in All-on-4 dental implants, a revolutionary procedure used to replace full upper and/or lower teeth. Our experienced oral surgeon will place four titanium implants in the upper and/or lower jaw bone and attach a full arch of teeth that look and feel completely natural.
Four implants. One arch. An amazing new smile.
If a patient is missing multiple adjacent teeth but has healthy surrounding teeth and gums, multiple implants may be a suitable treatment option. A bridge with multiple crowns is mounted to two to three implants in the jaw bone while the healthy surrounding teeth remain. In certain cases, AO4 dental implants may be a better treatment option for the patient and possibly more cost-efficient. Every case is unique; your dental implants specialist will work with you to determine the best type of dental implant treatment.
If a patient is missing one tooth due to an accident or periodontal disease, a single tooth implant is an excellent treatment option. With a single implant, the crown (artificial tooth) is supported with a single titanium dental implant. Your new tooth will be designed to seamlessly match the appearance of your natural teeth.
Top Five Reasons Why Patients
Choose EON Clinics Dental Implants
- Improved ComfortDental implants will improve your overall quality of life. After completing this life-changing procedure, our patients rediscover the joy of smiling, speaking clearly, and eating their favorite foods with zero discomfort or pain. Steak and corn-on-the-cob? Yes, please!
- Improved HealthDental implants may support long-term oral health. Alternative treatment options like a tooth-supported bridge require dentists to grind down surrounding teeth for support; dental implants do not. Our patients report an overall improvement in their health and diets due to the nutritional benefits of an expanded diet. By investing in your health now, you will be setting yourself up for lifelong wellness.
- High Success Rate Dental implants were first developed in the 1950s and have since become one of the most popular and effective methods of tooth restoration. Dental implant treatment is one of the most successful procedures in the medical-dental field, with success rates over 98%. With proper care, dental implants can last a lifetime, making them a phenomenal investment.
- Preservation of Facial Structure and Youthful AppearanceLeft untreated, empty spaces in your mouth can lead to deterioration of your jaw bone. Dental implants are the only type of tooth restoration treatment that helps stimulate bone growth and actually prevents bone loss. Implants effectively retain your facial structure, preventing facial collapse and a sunken appearance.
- Renewed Self-ConfidenceMany patients who enjoy the benefits of implant-supported replacement teeth agree that their self-esteem has been restored. This is due to their improved comfort and appearance, and the improved functionality and health of their mouths. Invest in yourself by choosing dental implants from EON Clinics.