Add Value to Your New Smile with Dental Implants
- April 7, 2023
- Posted by: seo.content
- Category: Knowledge Center
Have you lost your tooth? Loss of one or more teeth can affect smile aesthetics, loss of teeth functionality, and impair oral and overall health. Dental implants are a widely accepted solution to permanently address tooth loss and its consequences. Keep reading to know details about full mouth dental implants in Chicago at EON Clinics and how they can help achieve a confident new smile with dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a fixed prosthesis comprising three components: a biocompatible titanium screw, an abutment, and a replacement tooth. It is used to completely restore the structure of a single missing adult tooth, a few teeth, or all 28 teeth. The lightweight, extremely robust titanium post is surgically inserted into the jawbone.
It serves as an artificial tooth’s roots- a strong anchor and support for the replacement tooth or teeth. An abutment is a connecting link between the implant and the fake tooth. The prosthetic tooth/teeth is a dental crown, bridgework, or partial/full denture that stays above the gum line.
Who Can Get Tooth Implants?
Dental implants are generally recommended after losing a tooth/teeth due to severe decay, gum disease, or injury/trauma. Ideally, they are for people having missing teeth and otherwise healthy teeth and gums and enough jawbone mass to sustain the implants.
Active heavy smokers or those who have undergone radiotherapies to their neck and head, do not hold candidacy for implant surgery. Dental implants can easily fail for people suffering from autoimmune conditions that impede osseointegration.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
In addition to a new, aesthetically appealing smile, dental implants offer many benefits. Tooth implants are in great demand because one can get new smile with dental implant and they also offer following benefits:
- Highly durable- Dental implants are surgically placed into or on the jawbone, below the gum line. Once they fuse with the underlying jawbones, to create the same structure as natural teeth, they remain firm for a lifetime. They do not need special care or maintenance. With appropriate care and minimal maintenance as needed by real teeth, dental implants can last for 25 years or even a lifetime.
- Helps fill wide gaps in a smile- When an adult tooth is extracted or lost, a space is created in the smile. Unattended gaps in the smile can have some repercussions. The healthy teeth lying on either side of the gaps may shift into the vacant space. This causes misalignment and bite dysfunctions. In addition, tooth gaps can be a breeding ground for mouth bacteria. If dental plaque is formed in gaps, it could lead to persistent bad breath and/or gum disease. Dental implants can help fix the gaps in between the teeth caused by one or more missing teeth. With them, there won’t be a need for orthodontic treatments.
- Restore a beautiful, confident smile- The visible component of the implant system- the dental crown, bridge, or denture, is customized to look like natural teeth. Therefore, implants help maintain the natural look of the teeth. This boost’s the confidence of the patients as they achieve a flawless smile.
- Improve teeth functioning- Dental implants are the most stable missing teeth replacement as they are fused to the jawbone. They allow the patients to eat or speak with ease and confidence, without worrying about their dislodging or slipping. With them, it is more comfortable to talk, bite, chew, and laugh.
- Protects underlying jawbone- Untreated or ill-treated tooth loss can result in jawbone deterioration. The roots of the tooth help stimulate jawbone growth. If there is jawbone loss, the lower face may collapse and cause other issues. Dental implants can help forestall all these consequences of tooth loss. They are inserted into the underlying jawbone to integrate with it and mimic the natural tooth’s root. They can help preserve a healthy jawbone. They can protect tooth loss patients from any dental issues associated with jawbone loss.
- Enhance oral health and general well-being- Dental implants can help maintain good oral hygiene. That’s because they help keep teeth in place while allowing the teeth to communicate better with other teeth. They need the same care and maintenance as natural teeth.
A good oral hygiene regimen includes at least one-time flossing after a meal, two-time brushing, and the use of mouthwashes daily. It is also a must to go for regular dental check-ups. This way, it’s getting harder for dental plaque to build up in gum pockets and spaces between the teeth. Therefore, both oral and overall health can be kept in check.
What Next After I Choose To Get Dental Implants?
Before getting dental implants, the patient’s mouth is thoroughly examined to check if it’s a good fit for a dental implant. After confirming the candidacy, the dentist discusses implants with the patient. The treatment scheme is planned out based on the patient’s unique requirements.
The next step is implant surgery. The dentist first makes a gum incision to expose the jawbone and then drills a hole in the jawbone. Next, the dentist places an implant post into the jawbone.
Post-implantation, the implant is allowed to fuse with the jawbone. This happens during the healing period which lasts for 2-3 months. For this recovery phase, the dentist may place a temporary tooth/teeth over the surgical site.
Once healing is over, the dentist places the new tooth/teeth over the post with an abutment that secures the tooth. The new tooth/teeth are custom-designed and made in a dental laboratory. The dentist takes an impression of the patient’s teeth to use it as a model for making replacement tooth/teeth.
Lastly, the dentist matches the color and overall appearance of the replacement tooth used for the dental implant with the natural teeth of the patient.
The entire implant process is performed under local anesthesia to ensure comfort.
Dental Implant Specialists in Chicago, Illinois
If you are thinking of getting dental implants for yourself or your loved ones, let EON Clinics, implant specialists in Chicago help you!
We offer the highest-grade, lifetime-guaranteed dental implants of different kinds for adults of any age. Our dental implants come at budget-friendly rates. For some implant procedures, you can return home with a brand-new smile on the same day of your visit.
Call EON Clinics office toll-free number and schedule a free consultation today to get a new smile with dental implants in Chicago!