Are you Going from Dentures to Implants?
- June 7, 2021
- Posted by: seo.content
- Categories: Dental Implant Information, Dental Self-Care Tips, Dentures / Bridges / Flippers, Patient Stories
Dentures are a common, low-cost tooth replacement option that serve many people well. However, with advancements in dental technology and comfortable tooth replacement options becoming more accessible, many people are making the switch from dentures to implants.
Why are dental implants are considered the “gold standard” of teeth replacement options? Continue reading to learn why our former denture-wearing patients are so happy that they switched to dental implants.
Why do Patients Switch from Dentures to Implants?
Our patients are often curious about dental implants after discovering that dentures are more trouble than they’re worth. Here are some common reasons why people change from dentures to implants:
- Dentures place constant pressure on your jaws, which can cause painful sores to develop.
- Dentures do not stimulate bone growth, leading to bone loss in your jaw. This compromises your facial structure and changes the positioning of your chin over time. Dental implants actually help prevent bone loss by anchoring to the jaw bone and simulating a natural tooth.
- Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper care. They are a permanent solution compared to dentures or bridges.
- Dental implants are securely fitted to your mouth, which means you will avoid embarrassing situations due to dentures loosening, falling out, or clicking.
- Dentures need to removed at night, requiring constant cleaning and maintenance. Dental implants are simply easier to care for!
Read More: What is Bone Resorption?
Phyllis’ Testimonial: Why I Stopped Wearing Dentures
Factors to Consider When you Switch From Dentures to Implants
How Long You’ve Had Dentures
The longer that you’ve had dentures, the bigger toll they take on your smile. While some patients wear dentures for less than one year, some wear them for a longer period of time, such as 25 years. Our specialists can help determine whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants at your free consultation.
Which Teeth You Need to be Replaced
You may find that either your upper or lower row of teeth need more attention. Dentures that attach to upper jawbones are usually stable, but everyone’s needs are different.
The Condition of Your Jawbone
In order for your mouth to support dental implants in Chicago and Waukesha, your jawbone has to be sturdy enough. If you have already lost too much vertical dimension in your gums and have a sunken-in facial appearance, your mouth may not be able to support dental implants. When you come in for a free 3-D CT scan and consultation, our doctors will inform you of your treatment options and determine if you are a candidate for implants.
Explore Your Options at a Free Consultation
We’ll make it easy for you learn all about your options at a no-obligation consultation for dental implants in Chicago and Waukesha. Dental implants from EON Clinics provide more stability in your mouth so you don’t have to worry about everyday tasks such as eating, drinking, or talking.
Schedule a free consultation online or call us at 800-250-3500 to find out which procedure may be the best option for your unique situation.