Board-Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Education: Northwestern University Medical School
Dr. David Hanson graduated at the top of his class from Creighton University School of Dentistry and earned his medical doctorate from Northwestern University Medical School. He completed his residency in oral and maxillofacial surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Dental School. He was also a resident in the Department of General Surgery at both Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center and Cook County Hospital. David Hanson was Chief Resident in the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Dental School.
David Hanson also completed a one-year, intensive cosmetic surgery fellowship, focused on facial plastic surgery, at the West Olympic Surgery Center and Laser Institute in Los Angeles. The Oral and Maxillofacial Foundation and Northwestern University sponsored the fellowship.
Among his many accomplishments, Dr. David Hanson is considered one of Chicago’s leading facial trauma surgeons. Illinois Masonic Hospital often requests him to perform its most challenging surgeries.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Illinois State and Chicago Medical Societies
- International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Fellow of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Illinois and Chicago Societies of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State and Chicago Dental Societies